The Rotary Club of Wilmington is not your father’s Rotary! With more than 200 members, our club is an inclusive, diverse, hands-on community service organization committed to making Wilmington a better place by:
- Performing a wide variety of community service projects
- Fostering informed conversation about the city,
- Helping members develop leadership skills and relationships, and
- Engaging public and private sector leaders to encourage collaboration.
While we still participate in some traditional Rotary projects, such as bell ringing for the Salvation Army and raising money for local scholarships, the Rotary Club of Wilmington is a place for members to share service opportunities that interest them and enlist fellow Rotarians.
This year, our club has participated in many exciting initiatives, including:
- Cleaning up the CanDoPlayground.
- Packaging meals through Stop Hunger Now.
- Distributing backpacks, dictionaries and other essentials to children at Stubbs Elementary.
- Assembling Thanksgiving meals for families on WIlmington’s Eastside.
The Rotary Club of Wilmington’s first luncheon meeting was held on Thursday, December 10, 1914. We meet at noon each Thursday at the Hotel du Pont.
The Rotary Club of Wilmington Centennial celebrated the club’s history of service to our city and to Rotary throughout the world as well as our commitment to continue our service and the promise of our next 100 years!